Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebecca

Do You Write Better With Background Noise?

Does background noise help boost your creativity?  

1. 1. Does background noise help boost your creativity?

• Yes, definitely
    • Yes, slightly
    • Maybe a little
    • Usually too distracting
    • Always too distracting
    • Other

If I am at a lake, it seems to help because of the waves...

I hate noise if there is too much of it. For me, home with my MP3 on or at a public library where there is hush tones. Either way, too much noise gets me distracted. :/

Guest Adriana Gabrielle

Background noise is kinda something I can't avoid in my house. I have 6 younger siblings (between the ages of 2 and 10) and they are loud so background noise doesn't bother me all that mush and kinda helps...though most of the time when I write I listen to music as well (pretty much anything, heavy metal, hip-hop, celtic music, soundtracks you name it!)...but even then that doesn't block out all that background noise :P

I agree with this. If I want to write an exciting scene, I play fast or exciting music. If I want a quiet scene, or say, a scene taking place in a nice forest, I play calm music or soothing forest sound effects.

Definitely. Most of the lyrics/melodies for songs, and bits and images for major themes for other writings seem to come when I make the 45-minute commute to and from work. Something about engine noise (along with the sideshow of sights flashing before me) that puts me in gear :)

I better explain how I write when driving! I have a notepad open to my right, and without looking, I write large scribble, hoping it's readable for later review. Lyrics/melodies are a bit more problematic: I really need to get a tape recorder. I have to keep humming the tune/sing the words so these stay engraved in my memory for later recording.

I better explain how I write when driving! I have a notepad open to my right, and without looking, I write large scribble, hoping it's readable for later review. Lyrics/melodies are a bit more problematic: I really need to get a tape recorder. I have to keep humming the tune/sing the words so these stay engraved in my memory for later recording.

That's dangerous for you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.