Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebecca

What Would Your Main Character Do?

Main Character Julian Banks- Nuassa was a bad idea... His mother's words echoed in his head. He was grateful for his mother's help, and even more grateful for the church's help. As he stood in the shower, he cried, and prayed for the the feds to finish their financial investigation, and he could live normally again. Lianne called the pastor... "Your son in law is here," she chuckled. " Things are bad, Pastor, he's been sleeping in his car, and panhandling..."

What would your main character do if their spouse was caught cheating?

My main character isn't married, but if her boyfriend was caught cheating, Karolane would get very angry. She'd walk in on them and begin to tell him off. That is, if she had a boyfriend, which she doesn't.

What would your MC do if s/he found out that a gigantic comet was hurtling towards Earth, spelling disaster for the planet if it collided?

Jael with mutter, "It figures," under her breath and debate whether or not to get excited. On the plus side, comet equals an end to the bad guys who have been making her life something out of a horror flick. Her first inclination would be to find copious amount of chocolate and a good spot to watch the fireworks when they start.

What would your MC do if he/she suddenly developed a condition where he/she could never lie and had to answer any question presented to him/her?

She would have to give up her job. Being a private investigator in a mans world makes for sutuations that require her to work under cover. Hard to work that way without being able to live the lie.

What would your MC do if he/she found out that their mother was really their grandmother...that their oldest sibling was really their parent?

If Paul, The dusty, dirty, dwarf was trapped inside the tunnel, he would call for help from his six tiny friends who are also trapped inside. together They would dig themselves out.

Question: If your main character was stuck on stage, frozen in terror from stage fright what would he or she do to overcome it?

My main character would call the other woman or man and have one or the other come pick up their new roommate.

Question: What would your main character do, out all alone , riding a horse than got bucked off and broke her leg ?

That's interesting. My mc, Leah, happens to go horseback riding in my current wip.

Answer: Luckily for her, she is a very quick healer, (it's sci-fi fantasy) but it would take a day or two for her to heal from a broken bone. I think she would use her cell phone to call the guy she likes and he would come riding out to her rescue.

Question: (This is a futuristic sci-fi question. It has two parts, should you feel compelled to elaborate.)

(1) If your mc was offered a trip to the moon, as one of the first in a group of people to colonize the planet, would he (or) she go?

(2) Why or why not, and if they do choose to go, what would the experience be like for them?

Quote system did eldrich things until I gave up.

Lydia:

(1) If your mc was offered a trip to the moon, as one of the first in a group of people to colonize the planet, would he (or) she go?

(2) Why or why not, and if they do choose to go, what would the experience be like for them?

Barron Richard would jump at the chance. He's not well liked and would view it as a fresh start.

Q: They wake in a forest that is, so far as they can tell, the same in all directions. How do they proceed?

Phaera is irritated by duplicity. She is used to being in a position of influence and is now frustrated that her questions remain unanswered.

How does your character react to being left alone in a dark silent room?

Kari would walk around the room carefully, looking for a way out.

How would your character react to finding a homeless person on their doorstep?

PD would offer the homeless person a cup of water or coffee and something to eat. Then PD would sit down with his new homeless friend and begin a friendship which could transform the lives of both.

What would your MC do if they woke up in a prison cell?

Scene of suicidal person.

[in steps my main character, Carival]

Carival watched from a distance. Her heart ached within as she realized what the form was contemplating to do. She gazed as the figure shook miserably and stood on the side of the road. She could see the desperation in the way the young soul looked over the edge of the bridge.

The pain and sorrow caused the young woman's expression to harden. She could do it. She could end her life. If she threw herself down upon the cobblestone lane below, all her pain would forever be gone. She wouldn't have to live with herself. Her agony. With the shame of the babe growing inside. She wouldn't have to face her troubles, her fears. Everything would be gone. Nothing would be there to worry or thwart her. A few small question nagged at her as she pulled herself onto the bridge's wall, "What is life? If there is life, what is death? Where might the end of this life lead?" She was deep in though, unaware of the stranger approaching. Her eyebrows were pressed together both in pain and determination. A storm of fire and resentment raged behind her gray eyes. This was all she had left. All paths she had trod seemed to be leading here. This is where it would all end. Her eyes closed tightly as she prepared to leap.

"Dear child. There is hope..." A soft voice spoke from behind.

The form on the wall dared not turn but tried desperately to regain the courage it took to jump.

"There is life, even in the midst of this trial that has brought you low." Carival's face was light and full of hope. Her cheeks shone with a splash of color. A cold wind endeavored to blow, causing a shiver to race down her spine, "Would you look at me?"

"There is no hope! This world has nothing for me! Let me be...only a fool would try to save this wretched existence!" Her brown hair lashed at her tear stained cheeks. Her heart was near dead, but a throb of hope lighted in her at that moment. She turned slightly to cast a sorrowful gaze upon the woman standing behind her. Her slightly swollen belly protruded from her ragged cloak. She then looked below again. The stones were cruel and worn, crying out, ready to receive her blood.

A soft hand reached up and grasped her's. The grip was firm and persistent, unwilling to let go. It seemed to say, "You are worth it to me! You are worth it to me!"

She turned again to Carival and sobbed as she spoke.

"Why have you persisted to save my life?"

"Because..." Caraval smiled, "You are worth it to me."

[End of scene]

What would your main character do if they were in the suicidal woman's position? Would she/he pull away from Carival and proceed to A.) Jump B.) Run away C.) Step down from the wall and thank the good lady for saving his/her life, or D.) [Present other scenario]?

Question: If your main character was stuck on stage, frozen in terror from stage fright what would he or she do to overcome it?

Before Crystal even goes on stage she'd be terrified. She would have to convince an entire city to not only trust that her and her friends aren't the villains here, but also convince them against their extremely powerful tyrant. All in all it would seem an impossible task. And if the crowd turned on her, it would be claws, teeth, and fire balls at her face. Oh, and to make matters worse, Shadows would be creeping around taking advantage of her vulnerable state, helping to influence her worry and fear. So what would she do to get herself out of terror?

Pray. And wonder what Samuel would tell her to make her feel better. To help her remember why she was there, and Who she could have faith in, even at a time like this.

But this sort of thing would happen in the far future... after the book I'm currently working on.

My Question for You: What would your main character do if s/he ran into a real, live, fire-breathing dragon and didn't know if it was friend or foe? Oh, and another thing: your character just happens to be weaponless, in the woods, and far away from civilization. (I would make a sorta devilish smile here if I knew how, but since I don't... "Muhaha!" :) )

My character, (um.... which one? lol!) Lei Wilts, would freeze in her tracks. Her mind would go crazy for a while, she'd wonder if this was a dream. The dragon would roar. Ok, not a dream. She would plan her escape (and pray if this is after she gets saved), which mostly involved running.

What would your character do if s/he was being picked on at school?

This actually did happen to my character before the story even started and I imagine she would keep up a brave face in front of the bullies, just ignore them, she'd think, but those words got deeper than she'd like to admit. She would suppress any emotions that their taunting brought up and dismiss them as tests sent to deter her from her path. Though she might have seemed fine on the outside, the bullies planted doubt and regret within her which would echo through her mind and flood her thoughts after she killed her boyfriend. Their insults mixed with her own guilt would become too much and push her into attempting suicide.

What would your main character do if they found a magic lamp with a genie inside?

My mc would wish to get back to her home planet, stop the war, (with her side of the planet winning of course) and for her family to be reunited.

What would your mc do if they had to escape from their home planet?

Guest Adriana Gabrielle

What would my character do if she was being picked on at school?

This actually did happen to my character in the novel and all she did/would do was ignore it as best as she could and act like nothing was going on or she wasn't being picked on. She might have acted fine/ignorant but really the words went deeper and would get to her.

What would your main character do at a family reunion they didn't want to/were forced to go to?

Faced with a family reunion she did not want to go to wouldn't happen in the beginning of the story. She's estranged from her only living relatives (her parents). Now, at the end of the story she finds out she does have family and she loves them....so there you go. :)

faced with a family reunion she didn't want to go to, my character, Lei Wilts, would purposely make her parents late. Then at the reunion she would pout in the corner and pass on the grumps to any person who spoke to her. (this is before she is saved.) After she got saved, she would probably be a bit nervous and would get upset easily if insulted.

What would your main character do if s/he saw some one else being picked on?

-case 1: the bully is someone the school kids fear

-case 2: the victim is someone the main character has disliked for a long time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.